Thursday 29 May 2014

What about the negativity of the people? (Shared)

I know that if I am affected by the negativity of other people then I am going to be plunged into the cycle of actions, reactions and responses over which I have no control.  But if I see them, hear them, respect them as human beings and individuals and I understand their point of view, I will not let myself be moved from my position of inner stability.
If I can make sure that I remain my own master, their negativity will flow over me and above me and not influence me.  I can ask myself what it is that I want and then move in the direction to reach that goal.  I can develop the art of detachment, being friends and yet not allowing them to touch me.
I can draw on another analogy here: think of the image of a lotus flower.  It is found in dirty, stagnant water yet the lotus has a waxy substance on its petals and nothing can touch the surface, the dirt just rolls off. I can create that layer of protection so my inner purity and stability remain unaffected by outside influences.  Only in this way can I be true to myself. Otherwise I become a puppet of circumstances and situations that others have created and I am no longer a master of my own feelings and destiny.
I learn to have this protection through the experience of detachment and the awareness of Universal Energies and this will bring a canopy of blessings influencing myself and others around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment