Saturday 31 May 2014

MALEFICENT!!!

 OK! Review Time!

Maleficent a First Live action version of Sleeping Beauty. It always amuses me when an animated version stories, which we have seen for years, are recreated into live action. I am glad for the technology advancement that we can now see real life versions of fairy tales we have been reading or watching (Animated versions) for years!

Maleficent is yet another remarkable live action version. It has everything that we have seen in Sleeping beauty, hardly anything been missed.

Is there a little Princess who grows up to be the most beautiful young lady, yes.

Is there a King and Queen trying to protect their your daughter, yes.

Are there 3 fairies who takes Aurora away to a woodcutter's cottage in the forest until the day of her sixteenth birthday, Yes.

Is there a Villain, Yes.

Is there a Curse, yes.

Is there a counter curse, yes.

Is there a handsome Prince, yes.

And specially, is there a Dragon, oh hell yes!

Then what makes this movie different than the animated version you ask? Well I am not going to spoil the suspense for you. You must only watch it to know it

I can say one thing, you will be amused and surprised at the same time.

Amazing screenplay by Linda Woolverton. After giving wonderful art directions for amazing movies, Robert Stromberg has done magnificent job even though it was his directorial debut. Superb VFX and cinematography. Be ready for lots of awwwws while watching the movie.

And as it was Angelina Jolie I need not say anything about acting. She played Maleficent so splendidly, that you cannot stop to love and hate her at the same time. Her daughter -Vivienne Jolie-Pitt- played young princess Aurora and the way they are shown sharing the screen, though for a little while, took my heart away! All I know -I was sooooooooo jealous of ppl who shared screen with Angie....and that to standing so close to her, splly - Elle Fanning and Sam Riley. I really don't have right to be jealous, but I sure was.



http://wallwidehd.com/wp-content/uploads/Angelina-Jolie-as-Maleficent-Wallpaper-1400x1050.jpg
People who love Angei, fantasies, fairy tales and knows the story of Sleeping will enjoy the movie for sure. It is summer treat for all Disney lovers better not miss it.

Personally I cannot get Maleficent out of my head! And I am sure I am gonna see it again, for how many times more, I am not sure of that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment