Monday 3 March 2014

And the OSCAR goes to.....

It was one of that day when I, regardless being a late sleeper, wakes up early (@5am), finish up the morning ritual and seat in front of TV to witness one of the most awaited events of the year - "The Academy Awards"

The 86th Academy Awards -- Ahh! The sound of it is amazing...! 86 years of glory and this event keeps getting better and better. Ellen was, no doubt, the Best! She kept the audience (Live and Screen) rocking their chairs by throwing the hilarious punches! She reminded Poor Jen Law was reminded about her last year fall! Well No regrets for good laughs!

Her Tweet, (by the way I am still waiting it to get uploaded on Tweeter) was the amazing, I mean come on - Meryl, Julia, Jennifer, Channing, Bradley, Brad, Angelina, Lupita and Ellen herself, in one photo, can anything beat that? No I don't think so... 

When she asked if anyone was hungry I didn't think she will literally bring the Pizza and serve it. And how kind of Brad Pitt to hand on the plates for the Pizza! One word- Hilarious!

The performance by  Pharrell Williams "Happy" from Despicable Me 2 was my favorite of the night. And second was Bette Midler "Wind Beneath My Wings" from Beaches for the "In Memoriam". 

And now huge applause for the Winner!

It was tough to select one of the Best of all the categories of the movies out all the nominee. Hats off to the Academy’s active members, it couldn't have been easy to vote!

I jumped (Happily) when Frozen Won, not just for Animated Feature Film's category but also for the "Let it Go..."

I am so very Happy that Gravity has won 7 Golden Statutes- N I Salute for Alfonso CuarĂ³n, he was undoubtedly the most deservant Director for 2013. I voted and devoted him to Win.

Matthew and Jared you guys deserved it too. You must watch Dallas Buyer Club (If you haven't watched it yet) to get proof for my theory.

I am sorry Juls, I am your huge fan but after watching 12 Years a Slave I did hope Lupita to win and cannot be more glad that she actually did.

My votes were for Amy Adams and that maybe because I didn't get chance to watch Blue Jasmine. Hope Woody will allow the movie to be telecast in India so that we can see the The Best Actress Oscar performance.

Kudos for12 Years a Slave, even though all the nominated pictures were the best, my favorite were 12 Years a Slave and Gravity. Now, when Alfonso won for Director, I was Happy to see 12 Years a Slave took the final and most important trophy (ies) home.

Overall, waking up early was totally worth for getting a chance to witness such an Awesome Event!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment