Monday 25 August 2014

Bidding Adieu To My Best Friend…..




As the title says I am Bidding Adieu to My Best Friend, who came in my life in 2006 as a gift from dad for passing 12th with good grades. Ok! Let me clear myself for those who didn’t understand; I am talking about my Scooty Pep+. My dad had promised me that he will buy a bike for me if I secured good grades in my 12th Board exam, which I did. And post my result we (My Dad, Mom and I) went to confirm a bike for me. Many people suggested TVS Scooty Pep+ brand as it was new girly designed bike. The only thing we needed to confirm was a color. I still remember when we went to the TVS showroom; the Pink color was on display as it was the newest color back then. And all three of us instantly fell in Love with her!
                    
Oh! My initial days with my Scooty Pep+ Pink were so awesome; I never drove it, I flew it. The smoothness, the sturdiness it was splendid. And riding the pink one had its own fun as there weren’t many on the road. My friends always use to say that my bike is very easy to recognize because of the color and that’s made her so unique. Then the advertisement came, where Preity Zinta use to promote the Pink Scooty and the tagline was “Pink Se Panga Nahi Lene Ka” (Never cross with Pink).
          

             I remember post the advertisement was a hit, when I drove my Scooty to collage, bunch of guys standing at the gate chanted loudly when I entered – PINK SE PANGA NAHI LENE KA… I was shocked and amused at the same time. But still felt good.  My scooty has given me so many precious moments one of the best of it is dropping off my favorite college teacher – Lakshmi Ma’am at the destined Bus stop. The Pink scooty had become my identity too. People / strangers use to remember me as the pink scooty girl.


      My scooty became my best friend because she has been there with me through all my big / small events. She was there when I received a good news of getting selected for AHA. When I got a job in GOA she was sent there too and I brought her back to Pune when I returned. I can only imagine how this poor gal would have suffered during the long journey, especially the return journey; I brought her back on the Bus’s top. She was there when I lost my grandma and my favorite sister-in-law. I remember crying while driving on her whenever being heartbroken.  And also N numbers of short trips I have taken along with friends.
Many a times I was too lazy to fill up petrol and realizing the same when leaving home the next day. The petrol never seemed enough to reach till the petrol pump; but somehow miraculously my scooty made it to the pump without breaking down. I still don’t know the mystery behind it.   I have ridden her more than her capacity. I drove it way too fast than it was actually capable of. But my scooty never even once had given me any trouble in last 7 years. But since last 3 months it has started giving me little troubles. Shutting down in between, not starting up soon enough, breaks were not working.  I knew she is becoming ill but I was too attached to her to sell her and by a new one.

But these last three months she had become more risky to drive on. When the case has become crucial enough, when the condition came as either I will kill her or maybe she will kill me, I decided to bid Adieu to her. It was with great difficulty I had handed her over to the seller. I walked back with heavy heart. I couldn’t even dare to see her last time while leaving from seller’s place. It felt like I had given away a part of me.  She really meant a lot me and even though now I got a new friend – my new Access 125, with whom I’ll make new great memories, I just want to say I will really miss you my old friend. I hope you give same joy and pleasure and new wonderful memories to the new owner as you have given to me. 

GOOD BYE MY FRIEND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment